After I chose my company LoveCraft I decided to do some research and find out exactly what the company was doing. It turns out its a small company ran by a married couple in America who have started brewing their own beers. They brew all sorts of different flavours which produce different colours so I thought I'd do some research into the origins of beer. I found out that it was created accidentally by farmers about 7000 years ago in Iran. This gave me a thought of creating a typeface that has some historic yet modern feel to it so it doesn't feel so dated.

After an interim crit I was advised to use the more structured rigid type as it looked more medieval. Another idea I had and my peers agreed with is to not have a horizontal baseline but to draw on a curved line like the type above. After many hours and various attempts I had finally managed it, I can now scan it into illustrator where I can digitally develop it further.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news