Global brand with a logo that every man and his dog will recognise. Although I don't think there are any connotations to what they sell it still kind of works with the mysterious woman inside surrounded by a circle with type inside, there is probably a hidden meaning for the way it has been designed but you cannot tell just from first looking at it.




One of my favourite logo's for Food Writers. The spoon inside a pen nib yet still looking like just one image is just fantastic and clever. Its so simple and straight to the point you couldn't possibly think of any other way to design a logo so effective with this company
















This logo is far more obvious and recognisable. With the bowl on the H at a right angle it clearly reflects a roof shaped representing 'shelter'. I looked into the company and found that its a charity for homing the homeless and families in need.



I really liked this logo and thought it was effective because it shapes into the letter J and also looks like vinyl on a turntable.  You can tell it represents music and when you find out what its called you can see the J in there, this is something I am definitely taking on board for my brief as I think it looks more successful the more subtle it is.







Although this is a world known logo for Walt Disney, I do not think the D is legible. I spent the majority of my childhood thinking it was a backwards G, I'm not the only one however as I asked my friends the same and they agreed.




These are examples of the various logo's I found in this book. I hadn't chosen my project off Kickstarter yet however I wanted to research on current logo's and how effective they are. I found that the more minimal and subtle the logo's were the more interesting they were, they make the audience wonder what they're trying to communicate and once they figure it out it will give them a sense of achievement.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news