- Research -


Using a small 0.2 point pen I started by drawing a perfect circle and filling it with psychedelic influenced patterns, this could represent a cell, a drug or even the iris part of ones eye. This I thought could make it look a lot more interesting and have a bolder impact on the page.


This is a smaller version of the print that I scanned in to edit further on Photoshop. I think the patterns and dots create a psychedelic feel to the circle and with the white background it makes more of an interesting impact on the page.


This is a different design I tried using the same 0.2 micropen. I tried to make the pattern look like shattered glass or a mirror, this could signify a glitter or a disco ball as the band T. Rex were iconically known for their 'glam rock' appearance, Marc Bolan the lead singer even wore glitter on his face. The dots could also signify the use of drugs within the back as they are small enough to look like powder.




Here are two close ups of the designs I have created, I think these two are the most successful due to the messages they could signify to link to the song 'Get it on'. I want to now scan them into photoshop and develop them further, even play with colour to get more of that psychedelic feel the 60's70's was iconically known for.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news