This is the first website I have came across when I searched for seaside's in the UK. To me it seems its a very basic for a website. The layout is clear and simple which makes it legible and readable to almost any age such as children, parents and the elderly. However I think the design looks a little dated, the colour scheme has the obvious blue and warm sandy colours which clearly reflects a seaside. I think it could improve with updated photographs of the beaches, better type and colours used through to entice the audience more.




This one I came across I thought was much more updated and interesting. The navigation is fairly easy i'd say as your can use the filter bar to the left to help you find what your looking for. I don't really agree with the choice of colour scheme as it does not give off an atmosphere that would make me want to go to the beach, it looks too business like and not very family friendly. However I do like the layout of the images and how they give you a choice of links to navigate to so you can select where to go.



This website is from The Guardian, as it is an article I found it was very legible and easy to read. This would be useful for parents and the elderly who want to find out information about seasides. The images are scaled fairly large which I think looks successful as not only does it excited the page but it  draws in the audience giving a visible example of what the page is trying to communicate, a daily fun looking example too.


This I think is a more visually exciting page compared to the previous websites I have analysed. The sleek and colourful design instantly draws your attention and creates a happy exciting atmosphere on the page which is perfect when your trying to entice the audience into visiting the beach. This may not be easy for elderly people to navigate around as there is a lot of information on the page but each information has its own separate block making it fairly easy to see.


This is a much more modern website on the seaside's in Britain. It has more of a hiker/northface feeling which I think communicates to people who want to sight see. Its straight to the point and has good quality images of the seaside's which I think is a good benefit. 




I like the layout as it looks like a blog and has all the information laid out in front of you. This is something I'm definitely taking into considering for my own website, its easy to navigate around which is useful for my target audience which is the elderly and families.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news