I started sketching some folds that I found from the internet. I hadn't quite decided what type of fold I was going to do for my brief. I tried to get a visual look on four different folds but found the french fold was the one I was most interested in. As the pages are bound with the edges stitched together, it leaves the inside bare which can be filled with a colour or pattern. I thought this would be a good idea as I could perforate down the side of a few of the pages which will enable the audience to rip the page themselves. It links in with my concept as well because in order to get an idea you need to work hard on your research, so once you have covered enough appropriate research you can then move onto your idea, not just think of an idea out of the blue. 





These are a few more folds I looked into and I want to try and mock them up myself. I found that although these looks interesting and different to a normal leaflet I don't think it would be legible to contain information on my design process.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news