These are just sketches I started off with to get as many ideas as I could down. Since my summer brief is mainly imagery based I thought I needed to reflect this in my website as use the concept of adventure and documenting my journey. I came up with different layouts varying from complicated ones with the use of vector shapes to resemble the concept of photography. I also tried out very minimal layouts as I thought this may be easier for me to try as I've never created a website before.


This is the flow chart I created to get a better understanding of how the website will function and how you can navigate to each page from any page that I create. Since I researched into 5 different seaside's I think one page will be enough to show the information I want to communicate.


These two are the finalised layouts I chose. I decided to go for a minimal look on both but the one above uses a map where the audience can interact and navigate to different pages using the map. The layout below would have more of a linear structure to it, consisting of large photography and type only. This would be the most simple and easiest to navigate.


The two layouts I chose here were to reflect the use of photography and the journey I went on to gather my research. I thought the use of a camera aperture and film would reflect my name 'Sea it my way' as I want to audience to view seasides through my eyes and see the good and bad. 

Interim Crit

My crit went fairly okay. I got feedback which helped me decide what to do next and move forward in the brief. I was advised to scrap the photography and film type layouts as they looked too complicated and maybe not work on computers of parents and the elderly. As my website is going to educate and inform my target audience about the seasides they thought that the map idea would work best as it would be easier to navigate around and give the audience a view on how to get there as it shows each seaside in the north-east. You can select which seaside you wanted to find out information about and it would take you to a page which contains imagery and facts about that seaside.




Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news