Methodology

What is methodology?

My idea: The method on approaching or challenging something and the process I go through

Google:

  1. Methodology is the systematic, theoretical analysis of the methods applied to a field of study. It comprises the theoretical analysis of the body of methods and principles associated with a branch of knowledge.
What should be addressed?

- End users - their opinion, their views
- Know who I am addressing before I start answering a brief 

Methodology in graphic design is the theoretical methods that are applied to a process to help get to a solution in the most appropriate, effective and thorough way. Methodology is something to be considered at the start of a brief to gain structure to my process and to ensure I don't dive straight in and not really think about what I'm doing. It ensures I take a step back and think about who my target audience is and how I will address them which is very important. It also lets me underpin which method is best or appropriate which can be applied to a specific case. In the case of a client I would need to obtain as much information as possible working around the key elements: deadline, budget, 





Aspects I want to develop on:

'Some of the other work, by contrast, is lacking some of that energy.'

 - This I can agree with and is something I need to develop my skills on. Using colours that are appropriate is something I need to knuckle down on and make sure my work is exciting enough to stand out and look interesting.

'See more development: ideas that you are trying and either taking forward of rejecting just so the evolution of the work within a more rigorous process is taking place.'

- I need to expand on my ideas and not decide on an idea and follow through straight away. Try different ideas on different media's and formats, get more crit feedback and see what works and what doesn't.

'A really mixed selection of work - both in terms of the types of projects and also in terms of how successful they have been.
- In my evaluation I spoke about how I knew there were strong briefs and weaker briefs, this is something I'm working hard on to maintain a consistent pattern of strong briefs that have been answered in the most effective way.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news