This example is a very strong outcome for the film, the simplicity is straight to the point and fits with Quentin Tarantino's iconic look in his films. Consisting of mainly three colours it gives off a clear message that distract you too much from the title itself or what is it trying to communicate. This is definitely something I want to take on board for my poster as I want to keep it consistent and to the point.


This poster has a little bit more going on but is still clear and effective. The colours work well for the movie and are consistent throughout. Although there are a lot of different shapes and dinosaurs I feel it doesn't look too overcrowded. I feel it could be improved with a little consideration towards layout of the poster, it has a good selection of imagery however the type at the bottom is too distracting and brings the poster down.


This design is also very simple yet effective. It features one of the main aspects from the movie that the main character goes around therapy groups pretending he has every kind of illness. However I feel the choice of colour and type could be improved, the type looks childish and does not reflect the tone of the movie and the orange background has too much of a contrast with the red sticker in the middle, this distracts my attention away from the initial design itself.


Again very nice and simple designs which are extremely effective. Even if you had not seen the movie you would be able to guess what its about just by looking at the poster. The choice of type and colour scheme works well and is efficient in a way it could be screen printed for commercial use keeping costs down. This is something I am taking on board for my own ideas as I want it simple and to the point.


The iconic Indiana Jones series. The hat is an instant symbolic feature that almost anyone who's cultured in movies will recognise. The type and colour scheme works well, there is not too much of a contrast between the hat and the background which is beneficial as theres not too much of a distraction in what its trying to communicate.



This is one of my favourite posters I found on my research. It  is full of the characters from toy story yet does not look overcrowded and messy. The colour scheme works extremely well leaving the poster as a whole looking approachable yet professional which is something I'm eager to attempt for my own design. This poster has influenced me the most and I feel that I need to work on achieving the most effective and professional looking outcome I can. 


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news