I started off by tracing Ewan Mcgregor's face to try and get the best results I could. After houses of drawing and re-drawing this is the closest I could get to his actual face from trainspotting.
 Then experimenting further with colours and shapes I managed to get this dripping effect which I thought could suggest the feeling the ecstasy and the sweat that would be dripping down his face.

This was another simple experiment I tried which I thought looked okay but did not suggest or communicate what I wanted.






These are the three different developed designs I have created in response to Secret 7. I tried to draw Ewan Mcgregor's face from Trainspotting experiencing the effects of drug use is a more visual way. How the experience is not just internal but external too, the lights, the energy, the music all combined with the use of ecstasy leaving him in an euphoric state of mind. However when I worked with this in illustrator when I opened it in photoshop to edit further the colours were all wrong as the format in illustrator was RGB. The designs also do need cleaning up still but they are just examples of the development. 






Photoshop helped me create some crazy shapes and patterns with the different filter effects. This however I thought was too distracting and distorted the design too much to see what it was suggesting. However it could work in my favour by being a visual response for the vibrations of the music that is played at raves and clubs, how it gets inside your mind and chest making your ribcage rattle from the intense bass.




These designs were something I was considering just submitting on their own. Although the colours do seem quite harsh I think they do suggest movement and feeling different emotions all at once.




Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news