These are the experiments I tried myself to get the three different styles we wanted to communicate: formal, smart-casual & casual. After getting some feedback from my peers we then decided on what worked best and developed them further.



I created a style sheet which I found extremely useful as it enabled me to see what colours would be best, and what type would be most suited to what we were trying to communicate. As the company's logo was in helvetica I really wanted to try a different type that would still be relevant to the company. In the end we decided to go for the type Chivo's as we found it had a similar structure to Helvetica however the tails of some letter had more of a curved flick, we initially thought this was the best choice as it complimented the companies simplicity and ease yet still brought through style.




This is the flyer I designed to contribute to our ad campaign. The flyer is augmented so when the audience downloads the app it will bring the 'I' to life, then swiping left or right the audience can then chose which style would suit them. As there are only three different styles there is a consistent theme of simplicity that runs throughout the campaign.




These are the three bus stop ads we created alongside the ad campaign. We found that bus stops would be a suitable location to capture our target audience as being young males they will be venturing out to get to work using public transport. We tried to keep the consistent simplistic theme throughout because the company wanted to emphasise that their website was straight forward and simple to use.


Here I mocked up what each augmented design would look like once the person has swiped left or right giving the option to choose which style they prefer. Once they pic a style they will then be transported to the Idle Man website where they can browse further.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news