This is the final outcome for the brief which I'm extremely pleased with. I think everything ties in and is appropriate to Tim Burton's weird style. In the centre featuring the large tree shaped like the Siamese twins in the film, the daffodils and characters either side reflect the romantic side of the film with the two main characters. 

Above them features the shoes from the small weird town Hector which Edward Bloom accidentally came across in the film, towards the bottom you'll find the naked 'mermaid' with Edward Blooms car which appears to be underwater. I thought this was important to feature because up until this point in the film everything sort of made sense, then all of a sudden the laws of physics don't exist and it leaves you feeling puzzled as to what is actually going on, and everything you thought you knew now doesnt make sense. This I tried to incorporate with the bubbles from under the ground to follow up throughout the poster to look like stars. 

I'm really happy with the choice of colour I eventually went for, giving the design a little more texture too really brought it to life making it look a lot less flat and boring. I decided to go for a paper texture in the background as I found the cream and white backgrounds to be too flat and uninteresting, the paper texture just finishes off the designing tying it all together.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news