One of my first ideas was initially to use characters from the movie and draw them in a very minimal simplistic way so people who have seen the movie would recognise them instantly and for those who haven't it would give them a good insight into what the movie is about.




After drawing these out I then decided to proceed and try different ideas and see what else I could come up with as fast as possible. The faces I found quite hard to draw and worried i'd spend too much time drawing them all out trying to get them perfect when I had a very short amount of time to do this brief.




These sketches were very quick as I was seeing what I could up with and what would communicate the movie the best. I found that using characters from the movie and tying them in together to form a bit like a college on the page would be interesting and effective to do. In the film there is a witch who shows other characters how they are going to die, with that in mind I thought I could incorporate other events into the eye to represent what happens in the movie a little more. 



Using one of my ideas from the sketches I thought about using the Siamese twins that are featured in the movie and incorporate them into some form of tree. The tree would relate to the scene where Edward Bloom finds himself lost in the woods with the trees around him trying to grab him. This I thought worked well and I was very pleased with the outcome, from that point forth the rest of the poster seemed to flow as I used other features from the movie to compliment the design. 


An example of the line work I did where I selected scenes from the movie to feature on the poster. 



Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news