- Experiments & Development -



















These two examples are the first initial ideas I had for my type & image poster. I thought I could either draw or photograph a person then manipulating them by adding illustrations to look like webs and spiders. The spiders and webs were supposed to symbolise the media and the person symbolising the public and how the public get caught up in the medias lies; brainwashed almost. The type I thought could be either subtle making the main focus on the illustrations or bold and san serif to make an impact drawing instant attention.


These are a set of experiments I had for the image only poster. The first experiment I thought using the same typefaces different newspaper use could make a big impact and create curiosity as to what exactly is going on in the poster, making a subtle yet informative response on how the media fabricates lies to sell stories. The second I thought the sentence was quite catching and to the point, I want to try a simplistic san serif typeface as I think this is one of my stronger ideas on portraying the media to sell the public lies. It also relates to my False Widow article with the 'Spinning' reference.



These two experiments are mainly image based ideas I had. I wanted the spider to represent the newspaper companies and how they have many legs branched in different areas of the media to control and brainwash the public into believing and buying their fabricated stories. However I found this was unsuccessful because without the typeface in the web it would be hard to communicate my idea. The second one again was to represent the same idea as the one on the right but again would not communicate my message without the typeface therefore this was my most unsuccessful experiment.


These two were more experiments on my image only poster. I quoted words from the newspapers that were used to describe the False Widow; "terror, attack, aggression, bite"and used a line to cross them out, this was to portray that the media is wrong about False Widows and have completely glorified them as aggressive deadly spiders in the newspapers recently.


These are two more examples I created for the image & type posters. I think these are the most strongest at communicating my message. I used the spider with the worldwide mad on its back to represent and symbolise the media and how it is in control exaggerating and publicising lies to the public to sell stories and make money. I want to try develop the one on the right digitally to see what effects I can achieve and if the message communicates successfully.







Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news