I quickly mocked it up to give it more of a realistic feel. Unfortunately I did not have the money to print this out on the stock I wanted, however with more time and money I would have printed on a nicer thicker paper and had the design in a metallic foil.






These are the final outcomes I submitted for a christmas card competition being held at Leeds College of Art. After endlessly trying to get a grasp on hand rendered type I found this quite challenging. I'm not particularly fond of the outcome and I know I've done better on previous briefs that involved hand rendered type, however with the time frame I had this is the best I could do. I've tried to smarten it up a little with a paper texture and a inner shadow to make it look less flat. 




Originally I had wanted to print onto the cards using a metallic foil for the design on a crisp paper background. But unfortunately I did not have the facilities or the time to do this so I had to submit as it was. I unfortunately did not win this competition but it did not surprise me compared to the other fantastic designs that were submitted. I would say this is one of my weakest briefs and I think it could have been drastically improved if I had been given more time.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news