Project Rationale

Ideas:

- Intro
         - A Brief History of ... (what i've done)

- What I am trying to communicate
- Who I'm communicating to
- How I will do this
- Format/Placement
          - Children's Schools (flyers given to children to take home to their parents)
          - Posted leaflets through doors of families and the elderly.
          - Supermarkets, cafes, charity shops


My advertisement campaign is mainly focused on educating and influencing members of the public about seasides in the north-east and to influence them to visit with their families and friends. I created a website in response to this with information about each seaside and photographs to support the research. The campaign will consist of three different formats of print; posters, flyers and postcards. As my target audience is mainly parents and the elderly, I must consider where my prints will be distributed. Flyers will be distributed to children in school to then take home to their parents. Posters will be visible at bus stops, supermarkets and cafes. Postcards will be posted through the doors of the elderly and families which will hopefully plant the idea to go the seaside. My website informs the public that years ago when people could not afford holidays and weeks off work they used to visit the seaside for a day out, it was a very sociable trip giving the housewives a break from their daily routines and the husbands a chance for a day off and to bond with their children. My campaign needs to pull the audiences emotions and even wake a nostalgic memory from when they were young and carefree, this will then influence them to visit the seasides once again. Referencing classic British films such as Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang will pull those emotions of fun and happiness in times that are tough. The posters will mainly consist of vector based shapes and type, they will not be overcrowded with information but will be effective and straight to the point I think will be beneficial.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news