Here I started off by editing my design using Illustrator. I wanted to image trace it just to see what effects it would create and if it would clean it up a little. It has created shapes within the colours of the design which I like however I think its made it look very flat and uninteresting. I then proceed to try out different colours with the image trace effect on and see if I can bring the design to life.





Here I tried out different colours of the design in Photoshop. This enabled me to see how the colours would work together and if they are successful. Again I think the image trace has made the design too flat as I find it boring and uninteresting.




After visiting a workshop at uni we were taught how to add the duotone effect to an image. I tried this as it adds more depth and shadow to the design making it less flat. I'm quite happy with the way the designs have came out however I want to get some advice off my peers and tutors too to see if they are the strongest idea.






After realising my design was flat and boring I reverted the image back without the image trace. I then imported it into photoshop where I played about with the hue/saturation. This I thought worked extremely well for my design as it started to create depth and almost a 3D look to the different parts of the design. Its interesting because people can perceive the design in any way they like.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news