This was the first ever video from which I heard Alan Watts from. Watching this at 16 year old I think made my mind up on where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do. I knew I loved being creative and I felt my skills on the computer were up to scratch therefore I pursued the graphic design route and chose to study it at college. What Alan Watts taught me has stuck with me all of these years later, I felt like he had it all worked out. You can forget the money and the possessions just focus on yourself and your happiness and everything else will follow. Now at the time I was quite materialistic, I was aiming for the high flying job that got me good money, a good house, a good life right? Now I know thats only an delusion, something we are taught in education to think that happiness is only found in having the money, the career, the car, the house when in fact its really a lot more primitive and simpler than that. But here we are, living in a world that does nothing but consume, once you stop focusing on the rest of the world and start focusing on yourself thats when you start making a difference to you and your world around you.



Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news