For the Feathr competition I really wanted to try out different patterns using paints. I remember that one of the first things we were taught in primary school was to splodge paint down onto the paper then fold it in half and let the paints blend to make crazy patterns. So I tried it out myself in the studio which turned out pretty okay, I want to try and edit them on photoshop to see what effects they create and if it would be suitable for a wallpaper design. I thought the crazier the pattern the better. 

It also looks like inkblot tests that they do to mentally ill people where they have to say what they see. As everyone interoperates everything differently I thought this would be appropriate because it would get people talking about the design. Also in my personal opinion I think they look quite sinister and creepy, like some sort of crazy trippy bad dream.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news