Pinterest:


These I thought were more atheistically pleasing, I really like the use of hand-rendered type as I think its has nicer effect and just makes it a lot more informal and friendly which supports the christmas spirit. It is definitely something I am considering to do in my own experiments and ideas.


This design I think is great, however the type is not really that legible. The second S in seasons does not need to be capital and I think it throws off the whole design. The way the type is layer out and drawn I think works well though and is definitely something I am considering doing in my own experiments.



These different designs I found on Pinterest. As I want to try hand rendered type these designs really help me get a better idea of how I wanted the card to look. I'm thinking of using lyrics from a song on the front of the card that everyone will recognise instantly. This I think would instantly draw attention and make an impact. I found that the hand rendered type had more of a home-made feel which works best at christmas when its a time for family to be together, makes things, play games and give gifts.

Behance:







These set of cards I think are just fantastic. The cute vector based animals work well, the colour schemes and layout work well, it doesn't look too overcrowded whilst keeping that hand-rendered effect which I think is the strongest element. This is something I am considering doing in my designs however I might just stick to type for now as I am not sure whether I would have enough time to cover animals and type.


Carli Alexander:




Another set of very nice cards. Again like I've mentioned before there is something so much nicer with the cards looking hand-rendered than just a digitalised font. I really like the look of the stock on these set of cards as I think it adds to the hand made effect. The type is legible and not too in your face whilst still keeping a professional look to the cards. I need to consider what type of font I want to use for my card then I can work into it.




Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news