- Final Outcome -



This is the final outcome I created which I was extremely pleased with. The typeface is bold and san serif which is the look I was aiming for. There are subtle changes to the typeface such as the corners have been rounded on all the letterforms and glyphs, I removed the crossbar on the A to symbolise camping as this is what my partner loved doing the most. The J has also been slightly been manipulated to represent the fin from a shark as that is my partners most greatest fear.

In the main crit my peers thought it was successful and linked to my partners personality through my research and questions. They also liked how subtle and changes were and that the typeface could be used as body text and as a header. However one criticism that I agree with is that the A did not flow with the rest of the letterforms as its the only one with the crossbar removed. I was suggested to try the typeface in sentence to see if it still stood out as my name badge did work more successful in a word.




These two screenshots show the process and manipulations I created on photoshop. I mainly used the pen tool to trace over the White Space typeface and round off the corners to give a more relaxed easy going outlook as this is one of the main features of my partners personality.


The two images above show the digital versions and grid layout I positioned my typefaces on. I decided to go for a basic structure layout as my partner loves organisation and structure. This I thought worked very successful and was exactly the look I wanted to achieve.



Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news