- Evaluation -

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this module. I have found it challenging yet informative as I have learnt many new things within the 6 weeks of being on the course. The first brief I found a challenge at first trying to get primary and secondary research and understanding exactly what I needed to find out, however once I got an initial idea of the look I was aiming for in my 10 letterforms the experimentation and development was a lot more fun.
         The second brief was also linked to the first brief as I had to chose the most successful letterform from the 10 I had created, create the rest of the alphabet using the same style as that letterform, then digitalise it on illustrator. As in the first brief I had to reflect and represent the definition of Anatomy through the typeface Garamond I chose quite a sketchy hand drawn look for my letterforms, therefor when it came to the second brief I mainly used image trace as I thought it was the best tool to digitalise my letterforms whilst also keeping that hand rendered element.
         The third brief we were partnered up and had to learn different elements and characteristics from their personalities to create a font based entirely on them. Jake my partner gave me a lot of information about himself; such as the movies he watched, music he listened too, fears, happiness and memories. This gave me a good idea on what to research. I found that my research consisted mainly of bold san serif typefaces from the movie posters and album covers from his favourite movies/music. I then experimented and developed from this research giving me good ideas on what I look I wanted to go for.
          The fourth and fifth brief were also closely linked as brief four consisted mainly of researching from an article in a newspaper and finding out in depth research about the story. Brief 5 was using the research to visually communicate my opinion and what I found out about the article itself. After reading the story and doing my own independent research I found that the story itself was either extremely exaggerated or fabricated because there was no initial facts to support the story, this made me want to create three controversial posters that would create a bold impact on the public eye.
           One of the main elements I have enjoyed from this module is the professionalism and attitude from my tutors and peers, I have never been in an atmosphere where the majority of people actually care about design and want to work which is really motivating. The briefs are challenging yet fun and also very interesting, I learnt about the terminology of typography in college however not in this depth and detail which I think makes it a lot more intriguing. I have discovered how easy it is to use the digital print room, library, access the screen printing room and mac suites which I am relieved to know about as I feel I have a lot of resources to help me with future briefs.




Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news