- Development -

I began with the letterform A from brief 1 as I thought that this style was more successful at representing the definition for Anatomy. I then scanned it into illustrator where I was able to digitally enhance it further.

This is an example of how I manipulate and digitalised my typeface.


I mainly used the live trace tool on my letterforms as they were quite messy and complex, it would of been too hard to replicate them entirely digitally using other tools such as the pen tool. I selected the letterform then once I clicked live trace I opened the menu which allowed me to change different settings and get the desired look I wanted.


This is the digitalised look after using the live trace tool. I played about with the settings until I got this effect which I think works well as I wanted to keep it looking hand rendered and sketched but cleaned up and digitalised. I wanted this look as I thought the shadows and joints help visually communicate bones which is what I needed to portray to complete the brief.


I then used the same tool on the rest of my letterforms which as a set turned out good. I am pleased with the outcome and excited for it to get printed.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news