- Development - 


I began by creating my spider in illustrator using the pen tool. This was fairly easy although it did take me a while to get the legs right. I then painted it in solid black to create a 2D block effect,
I then began by adding the typeface underneath. I used Futura as after researching various newspaper typefaces I found this was the most appropriate. I chose the colour red to highlight 'Newspaper' as I wanted to draw attention to the fact its the newspapers that I was focusing and communicating in the poster.




I then used the pen tool to draw what looks like webs from the spider to give it more of a tangled/caught effect as the type is asking the public a direct message. This I thought worked successfully as it draws attention and makes you question the message behind it.


I then got an outline of the worldwide map and coloured it in white. I then put it over the back of the spider to contribute towards how the spider is a symbolism for the media and how they manipulate and control the world by fabricating lies for money.


- Type Based Poster -
I started off by using the same typeface as my image & type posters so it would work as a set or series. I again used the colour red to create an element of alert and warning.

I then added 'don't get caught up in lies' at the bottom to look fairly subtle and not draw too much attention. I thought this made a short but information message and portrays the media lying to the public well.


- Image Poster - 
I firstly created these characters using the pen tool in Illustrator. I wanted them to look like they were hanging as my idea was to have them dangling from the spider that I used in the first poster. I again painted them a solid black to keep it minimal and not over cluttered.


\
This shows the development of the poster. I used the spider and the worldwide map I used in the first poster as I thought they were strong at representing the media and how they have the public caught up in their web of lies.








Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news