- Session 3 -


From last weeks session we had to then find 6 different examples of typefaces that have all originated from different bases such as: Stone, Brush, Bone, Wood, Metal and Silicon. We were then assigned a task to chose one typeface ready to be manipulate in some way. I chose a wood based typeface as it was the most clean and simplistic and I thought it would be interesting to see what effects I could do to change it.





I used mainly a scalpel and cut away one stroke on all of the letterforms. This I was extremely pleased with and thought it looked successful. I also even like the grey table coming through where I cut away the letterform as I thought it had a 60's retro influence. 


Our task for next week is to trace these letterforms and create a typeface family of regular, bold, lite and italic.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news