These are some ideas I found from inspiration type posters on Behance. I thought I could incorporate the meaning of the title into the aesthetic visuals of the type. The only english type underneath representing ones self as a person, the more elegant script type on top suggests the matter of us trying to be something we are not, and not embracing who we are. Both together the old english type makes more of an impact, which would reflect that becoming you may not be 'perfect' situation, but to confront it and find inner peace. The colours I found were too harsh and not very appealing to the eye, I took influence from far-east colours which consist a lot of bright reds, blues and yellows. Whether this would work to my advantage I'm not too sure, however if they were to be screen printed I could play about with the transparency of the inks for the type and try getting some layered textures.




Another idea I had was to just use the symbols as they are and form some kind of pattern. But I thought conceptually they do not represent what the book is about which is what I want to communicate to the public. 




Another concept I thought was to try and incorporate a fingerprint into the book cover. As every persons fingerprint and DNA is unique to themselves I thought it would be a good representation of what the book is about, inner-peace and self acceptance. I did like the visual I made for the cover however I still wanted to try tracing the Vitruvian man and seeing if that visual works best.




I then traced over the Vritruvain man but simplified the design to make it more clearer on what each symbol means. The circles are placed at the main spirit points in the body, whilst the other shapes combine to represent various religions and faiths. Altogether form the perfection of man and the meaning of existence, embracing all emotions and one self.





I tried different layouts for the book cover and found the centre aligned one was the most successful. It suggests togetherness and being one, flowing down into the illustration below. The typeface I chose
was something that had a mort traditional soothing look to it. I felt its elements suggested assertiveness and stability which would reflect what the book is trying to communicate.

I then decided to use some stock from GF Smith to really really an impact with the design and bring it to life. I will be also screen printing and foiling the design onto coloured and white stock, depending on which one works out the most successful.



Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news