Here is my final print. It took so much longer than I anticipated to screen print this, having not screen printed since first year the process seemed to take longer than usual but after a couple of trail and errors I was finally able to submit a piece. Although the alignment is not entirely perfect, when being used on a net for a cover the binding would be on the left so it would align the design in the centre with equal space either side.

I chose to print the foil on the rustic looking textured stock because I felt this reflected the confusion and disorientation people like ourselves feel in the world, not sure what to do, where to go or who to be. The golden foiled title and design represents almost a sense of hope and strength and that we need to focus on ourselves, only then true inner-peace and self contentment can be achieved. The illustration represents mankind with different religious elements within the circles and squares, the circles on the man's body represents the different spiritual points. Combined they create one universal structure, reflecting life itself.

With more time and stock I would have definitely tried getting a successful print on a different colour stock. The experiments I tried on the different stock I thought visually worked extremely well with the combining of colours, but when it came to the foiling and alignment process I struggled really hard. However I feel much more confident in the screen printing room and for future projects I will not hesitate to use the facilities. I may even screen print the finals again to put them onto my Behance account.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news