This is the first quick brainstorm I initially started with. The 'I' in Idle really stood out to me and incorporating a male figure with a capital 'I' I thought could work well. At first using a capital 'I' I found it was a little difficult to make it look like a male, so then I switched to a lowercase 'i' which was a lot more flexible.


At first I thought we could incorporate the websites different styled shoes into the 'i' but still make it look like a male figure. The sketches went a lot better than trying to mock it up so I need to make more of a realistic mock up and scan it in to edit it further on Illustrator.



More sketches trying to make minor changes to the lowercase 'i' that represents what the website is selling. This difficult as I wanted to make the least changes as possible so it still looks like and 'i'. We took a step back and tried to fit the styles into different categories without trying to look like a stereotype (see survey results post) and my partner came up with three different styles; formal, smart-casual and casual.


First sketches of potential layouts for a bus stop sign or magazine ad. I wanted to see what would work best and would have the most impact on the page, the smaller scaled 'i' in the centre of the page is the strongest layout as the negative space works to my advantage focusing the attention on whats going on in the middle of the page.



More layout sketches for a different idea my partner had. The idea was to fill the page with many lowercase 'I's' and in the centre will be an 'i' that stands out more, this is to portray to the audience to stand out from the crowd, get your clothes from the best place. More experimentation and development needs to happen first before I take it further. The sketches really helped me get a better understanding of what will work and what wouldn't.

Two mock up's my partner did to see what my idea would look like. I thought this gave it more of an idea of how it will visually look and if the concept is clear and works. The two styles that are mocked up are casual and formal, I think the design works well and the concept is clear without it looking too messy. I want to trying mock ups of my own ideas to see if they are strong enough and try to minimise the alterations as much as possible to get an even more subtle look.





Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news