Here I tried to experiment further with my layout ideas as I wanted to see what it would look like digitally. As I had recently done a photoshop workshop I had learnt how to do the duotone effect on an image so I thought it would be useful to try it out on my own images. This however I found had no real relevance or message behind the reason to do this so I went back to experimenting with different ideas.







Trying out a landscape image I experimented with different layouts for type and the type itself. I wanted it to be appropriate for the style I was influenced from but still be legible for my target audience.




I then played around with the image itself as I thought it could do with a little more vibrancy and try bring out the best colours within the photograph to make it look more desirable to visit the beach. Again I had learnt more things in the Photoshop workshop I attended and thought they were useful to try out in my own work.




These are the experiments and development of my ideas for the leaflet. This piece of design was my main augmented design idea which I thought would be appropriate and useful. I wanted to keep it clean and minimal so when my target audience use their device it instantly jumps them into a video. Here is my idea for the augmented design:

In this short clip the camera pans down across the coast line, then inside a car thats going through the country with the sun shining the sky a vibrant blue. Inside is a child holding a kite, he looks out the window and smiles at the weather, hes very pleased its glorious sunshine to visit the beach. Then his kite comes into shot and eyes and a mouth have been animated onto it. The kite also looks up into the sky and gives an ‘aw’ expression that he too is also pleased its sunny. The car then arrives at the beach and the kid is running out towards the sea, holding his kite he is grinning with excitement and happiness, the camera then pans up to the kite with the exact same expression. He then joins the other children on the beach with kites, each kite having its own animated face that suits the child. All whilst in the background the song “Let’s go fly a kite!” is playing in the background. The camera then pans out from the beach where you can see all the families and children leaving you with itchy feet to get to the nearest beach. Text will then appear saying ‘Clean out your cob webs and re-live your youth’, underneath will be the address of my website and the email to go alongside it.




Here I tried experimenting with different ways I could interoperate the historic feeling of the beach but have another side in colour to represent modern day. I was not too pleased with the way my final outcome turned out and until after I had printed out had I decided that my entire idea was rubbish (in my opinion) I focused too much on my target audience without doing enough research into the stereotypical elderly people and parents of families, this I think made me stick to a very boring and mundane layout and style of the poster. Due to the timescale I did not have enough time to go back and re-evaluate where I had went wrong but I have at least the time to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses without the project.




Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news