Web Design Style

Colours: Background/foreground

Font Families: Header and body

Button style

Logo and Variation

Grids/Layout/Variations/Sub page

I have organised my web brief into a style sheet to get all my essential considerations and ideas down. Starting off with type I have selected a small range of type I can play about with on the website and see what works best. I want to go for a clean minimal look which is easy to understand to all viewers, as my target audience is mainly the elderly and parents it needs to be clear and straight to the point.


These are the chosen fonts I selected which I thought would be appropriate for body text and header on my website. I think they are clear and legible and could work on my website, whilst they each communicate different things I need to chose a suitable font out of my selection that I can start to experiment with for my website.


I then went onto illustrator and tried out different swatches of colour for my website. I thought something pastel yet still vibrant would be suitable and give off a seaside atmosphere. However I do not want something too bland as I want the page to be atheistically pleasing to the eye and exciting enough to keep the audience interested. I do have to be careful which what colours I select and if they go with the photographs I have gathered for the website.


These are the selection of photographs I have chosen for my large folder of images. There was far too many photographs to put on the website so I have tried to condense it down to twelve images which shouldn't be too much for a webpage to handle. Each seaside will have its own page which will have 2/3 images of that seaside. The photographs I have chosen contain excitement and interest as they each communicate something different from the different seasides.



Here I have tried to digitalise the layouts I have experimented with. I thought if I tried it digitally I would get a better look at how it looks on screen. This layout I'm not too fond of, the only reason why I developed it was to see if on screen it did not look as cramped as my scamps did. The left and right rectangles would be white space concentrating most of the information to the center of the page, this I think looks too cramped and the information would confuse the users.


This layout I think is one of the most successful ones I have developed, although it is very simplistic and minimal it needs to be so my target audience can easily navigate around the website without too much information thrown at them. As my summer brief mainly consisted of photographs I think a minimal layout with clear imagery will communicate my message and connect with the viewer as though they are looking at things from my point of view.


This is another layout I had developed, I think its another strong layout as it is still minimal and simplistic which will make it easier for the viewer to navigate around and see the information clearly. The heading is at the top left aligned with the body text below, the rectangle to the right would either be imagery or a map of the north-east of the UK. Both things I am considering doing because I want it to be straight to the point as soon as you hit the first page.



Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news