For a task we were asked to make quick thumbnail layouts for our 10 dps's. I started off with small thumbnail layouts to get quick ideas on how I wanted to position my information on the page.



After I sketched smaller layouts I then began to develop them further by enlarging them and getting a better idea of what would work best for my double page spreads. I wanted to try keep it minimal with white space to help making it look less busy and cluttered.


I then began working at a larger more accurate scale to get a better idea on how my double page spread will look. The design above would be suitable for a page with a lot of information but still containing imagery to break it up.



This I thought would be an interesting layout to develop digitally as it would contain two large images at the top which could maybe bleed into each other. Then the three column text grids below using only two columns would break up the information on the page with the white space on the third column keep it clean and minimal.



Again this layout could be interesting if it were developed more digitally. The two images positioned at the top of the page would make it interesting and add colour, whilst the body text below would have the information on. However this is something I would need to experiment with as the body text may make it too cluttered and too much to read.


This is another layout which would be more interesting if it were digitally developed. I tried to make it a little more interesting with the different sized column for the body text which is broke up by the image. Then on the right with the imagery on the full page which will grab the most attention and make it more exciting.




Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news