- Development -


After scanning in my experiments I then changed the colour of this design to white so it would contrast with this indigo coloured background. I also added a texture to the background and make it have more depth. The colours I think are successful because they reflect the whole glam rock era. The circle with the patterns inside could also signify many other things such as an iris of an eye, drugs or even a human body cell.


For this design I scanned it into Illustration where I used live trace on the patterns. This changed the whole look of the patterns and dots, after then scanning it into photoshop I played around with different effects and scales until I was happy with what I had created. Although I think it makes a bold impact on the page as the white really stands out I do not like the fact that Illustrator has took away a lot of the detail using live trace.


Here I positioned two the designs within one and another creating more of a psychedelic spiral effect. The background I thought worked really well as the colours are vibrant and appropriate to the image for glam rock. The pattern I overlayed on top creates more of a optical illusion contributing to that psychedelic effect I wanted to achieve.


This development is similar to the ones about however more largely scaled. I think because the pattern is so detailed and complex having it bigger show it off a bit more, however I do prefer it at a smaller scale as it draws more attention with the empty space surrounding it. 


This I think is one of my most successful developments, the purple background is visually pleasing and contrasts with the pattern in the centre making it the main focus point of the design. I would like to see how my interim crit goes to get a good idea of what colours and scale works best.


This is a completely different look to the rest of the designs. Scaling the patterns to a much larger scale enhances how much is going on in the design. Again it could represent how an eye looks when under the influence on recreational drugs, although I do like the colour scheme on this as theres a faint gradient to red on the outer corners of the design. I think it may be too in your face and busy to get a good understanding at what its trying to represent whilst the smaller scaled patterns make more of an impact on the page.


This was a completely different experiment with colours compared to the rest of the designs. I really like how the black and white create such a bolder impact, especially with the black border around the outside. I am considering on printing this off at the correct dimensions to get a better idea if it is appropriate for my brief.


Again this is in complete contrast to the development above however I think it does not have the same effect. Visually, I do not think it is as exciting as the other designs therefore I do not want to develop it further.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news