- Design Ideas -


I started off my sketching the first ideas that came to my head from the research I had collected. I thought an eye would be a good idea to use to represent drugs as the eyes are one of the main things that change when under the influence of drugs. Filling it with dots could represent ones consciousness with the dilated pupils, also it could represent space which would reflect their altered state of mind and their awareness with reality.


Here is a few more ideas I came up with to reflect the song and band T. Rex, using Marc Bolan's hair, or female lips or maybe even an eye. Again from my research I wanted to use the drugs that look like some form of cell which could reflect how drugs change the chemical balance within our bodies.


These are more ideas I came up with for my design. I again worked on using different patterns and dots to replicate the images I had gotten from my research to do with drugs. I decided that I wanted to try the drug like patterns on their own to see if I could make a bolder eye catching impact.



Above I tried a more neater precise sketch of a drug which I thought looked a lot more successful and helped me develop my ideas further. The lines I thought made a bolder impact especially with them being black against the contrasting white paper.


Here I tried a neater sketch of an eye with the pattern in the inside. This could represent how a persons eyes change with a drug induced altered state of mind. I preferred this neater sketch to any others but again I want to try the pattern without the eye as I don't want it to look like the TV show Big Brother. 



Here I tried a cell on its own with the dot pattern on the inside, although I do like the effect it gave as it is quite eye catching I think that it looks too much like a white blood cell and not as much like how a drug under a microscope looks like.




Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news