After digitising my experiments in Illustrator, it helped me get a better idea of how the finished logo may look. Trying different colour variations helped give an idea of how the logo could be changed to suit different forms of media. I also tried different variations of the shapes themselves to try make the letters in the triangle more legible, the space between the shapes as something I needed to experiment with as I did not want the logo to look too cramped and not communicate the band. Trying the logo in different weight strokes also helped the band decide what type of aesthetic they were going for; bold or minimal. 

Feedback:
After showing the band the logo's I had created they were over the moon and happy with the results, they wanted me to incorporate more colour into the logo as they felt thats something that would represent their band well. The colours suggested were 'sky' colours as the bands music was an indie/rock/pop genre but the album represents someones 'progression' and 'transformation' from one state of mind to another. They also wanted a boarder around the triangle and for the letters/shapes to look as they've been cut out, this helped developed the logo's further. 



After researching 'sky' colours it was useful to grab swatches from the images I had collected from google. This helped the colours vary as the sky can change many colours throughout the day therefore going for something with a gradient helps communicate what the band is representing. 

These are the developed logo's I had added colour too, I am still waiting for a response from the band however I'm pleased with the outcome and hopefully they will be what the band is asking for. Adding texture to the logo would help bring it to life and for it not to appear so flat, however this is something I could discuss with the band as they may like it how it is. It does show how the logo can work with varies colours whilst holding form of the original logo and not be too distracting.

For the type the band suggested something simple and minimal. The three fonts I chose are called Geometria, Montserret and District Pro Thin, these fonts are licensed for personal use however I would have to look further if I was to use this for commercial use. The Geometria has a clean and minimal aesthetic whilst also looks approachable and potentially suitable for the band, in comparison District Pro Thin offers a more bolder aesthetic with the lowered crossbar on the 'M' giving the type more of an impact addressing the audience in a more assertive way. Montserret offers not only a light version but can extend to regular and bold, this was something I want to try and suggest to the band as I think the logo is bold on its own and will need a type to hold the design in place and give it more of a foundation. 
These are the coloured versions alongside the type I had chosen for the band. I am still waiting for a response for the logo itself but I hope I made something the band had pictured and ticks the boxes for the aesthetic they were hoping to achieve. Now the logo is almost complete the band will be wanting other merchandise such as album covers, gig posters, and designs for online platforms such as Facebook and Soundcloud.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news