A3 Poster
This was an A3 screen printed poster I made. Although the brief demanded A4 sized posters I really wanted to try the larger scaled poster as I thought it would make more of an impact. however when it came to exposing my design I accidentally gave the technician the negative instead of the positive design therefore resulting in my poster turning out to be completely inverted. However after screen printing a few more A3's of this design I started to become fond of the mistake I had made, it kind of reminded me of a demonic version of Bruce Willis in the movie which could relate to his badass untouchable character.



A4 Poster
This is another version I created using an action shot of Helen Mirren. Wearing a camouflage outfit an a huge sniper gun I thought this shot was a good iconic image to use in my designs as its not usually a position you find the elegant classy Helen Mirren in which adds a sense of humour too.


A4 Poster
As you can tell this is a poster created for Morgan Freeman. Another iconic scene in the movie where he sacrifices himself to save his friends wearing this outfit, I thought the minimalistic illustrated design would create more of an impact on the page whilst also keeping the actor easily recognisable by the audience.


A4 Poster
Finally, the Bruce Willis poster. This I believe is my most strongest outcome as it is the most recognisable and I think the design as a whole flows very well. Bruce having an expression I think reflects his character in the movie that he is a man that should not be messed with. With him being retired in the movie he needed a few lines of his face that represented his age, however I still wanted a stern strong face that showed years of experience and action.


A4 Posters
Here are the posters as a set. I am very happy with my outcomes and think they work well as I set. The only thing I regret is finding more time to draw John Malkovich as he is another main character to the movie and a set of four posters would of been ideal. The minimalistic illustrated look I think makes more of an impact on the red background. The typeface I used I wanted to create an atmosphere of a warning/wanted feeling, how its almost a message to the audience and even other actors you could question that with years of experience these people are not to be messed with.


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blogger news